NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME (NSS)
Launched in the Mahatma Gandhi Birth Centenary year 1969, as a student youth service programme, National Service Scheme (NSS) aims at arousing social consciousness of the youth with an overall objective of personality development of the students through community service.
- Improvement of casmpus
- Tree Plantation
- Work in welfare institutions
- Blood donation
- Adult and non-formal education
- Health, nutrition, family welfare, AIDS awareness campaigns
- Construction of durable assets
- Sustainable development with emphasis on wasteland development and watershed management.
NSS attempts to establish meaningful linkages between Campus and Community, College and Villages, Knowledge and action.The college having one NSS unit with an enrolment of 100 volunteers.
UNIVERSITY UNION ,ARTS AND SPORTS
The students admitted are at par with the aided category students to participate in the Calicut University Union Election, Arts and Sports activities .Students will have to remit the fee related to this as directed by the University from time to time.